Sunday, June 9, 2013

Concept Day

Last week I sent out a message to the Celestial team...

"Next week line art for storyboards begin. Which is what McKenna and Samuel signed up for. I'll be free to touch base on other things that need to get done. I was thinking Concept Art and Special Effects get togethers next week at my house for whoever wants to come and work on things.

Sunday 6/9- Concept Art Day
Monday 6/10- Concept Art Day
Wednesday 6/12-Special Effects
Friday 6/14-Concept Art
Sunday 6/30- Special Effects"



Today I sent out this message to the team..


"Today is a Concept Art day! I'll be available on Skype all day and people are also more than welcome to come over and work at my place. Today I came up with a list of things to work on. You can use any medium for these concepts.


1. GV with wings
2. Titan’s Face
3. GV creating 
4. Nebula Environment
5. GV Workshop
6. Star Forming
7. Int. Planet Desert
8. Int. Planet Cave
9. Int. Planet Rainforest
10. Int. Planet getting destroyed from inside
11. Hologram scene

When creating concepts be sure to refer back to the character model sheets, style guide, and color palettes. I created a folder in Mega called ConceptArt. I'm excited to see what people come up with!"


I decided to work on the celestial being's wings. Some early concepts of Gan Vough (celestial being) consisted of a traditional bird wings, some had none, and some suggested energy wings. I took a character sketch drawn up by Art Director Jacqueline Malvin, and digitally illustrated a wing concept and color palette over it.  




Josh Janousky's feedback of concept:

"I liked how he had the energy in his chest that sorta became them! They looks more like tendrils/tentacles though to me. I love the chest idea though! Maybe if you sorta add more an energized glow to them it look more wing-esque? That being said, those would be fun to animate!"

Josh Janousky had posted a work in progress of a concept of Gan Vough in the midst of trying to create a star. I really enjoy seeing the different ideas that people have come up with for the celestial being's wings. Below is a picture of Josh's work in progress. 



No comments:

Post a Comment