Monday, May 27, 2013

Let's Begin


 Here is Celestial's summer schedule and what we plan to accomplish.



I tried to write out in narrative form, Celestial, and see if I could make the story flow and read better. I preferred writing out the script instead of sending out the shot list. This will give the sketch artists the opportunity to create what they see versus narrowing there options with specific camera angles and movements. Our previous storyboards and animatic had many flat and uninteresting shots. I feel that taking this approach will give better results. I sent out an attached document in an email to all teammates. The document contained detailed descriptions of each scene along with reference photos. The reference photos will help visually demonstrate what's going on in that particular scene. I received great feedback and plan to finalize the story tonight so we can begin to storyboard. For the storyboard process we have a team that will sketch and layout the scenes, a clean-up team to fix the line work, and a value team. After storyboards are finish, myself and a few others from the team will create the animatic. I'd like to get the story patched up as soon as possible so the layout sketches can begin.
I tried to write out in narrative form, Celestial, and see if I could make the story flow and read better. I sent out an attached document in an email to all teammates. The document contained descriptions of each scene along with reference photos. I received great feedback and plan to finalize the story tonight so we can begin to storyboard. For the storyboard process we have a team that will sketch and layout the scenes, a clean-up team to fix the line work, and a value team. After storyboards are finish, myself and a few others from the team will create the animatic. 

According to the summer schedule, environment layouts need to also be finalized by this Saturday (June 1st). There'll be an in person meeting to work on the two environment design (Nebula and Planet) on Tuesday (May 28th) to work on design. 

In-between working on the storyline I'll also be trying to figure out concepts and how we will be going about creating the special effects for our story and how things will look.

Let the pre-production process begin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment