Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Modeling: Plant

This week according to the production schedule, everyone also needed to focus on their assigned assets/characters to model and UV. I know I am not the best at modeling and am fully aware that my first model most likely won't be useable, but with each rendition I plan on learning and getting much better so that I reach a quality I know fit for our film. Right now I'm currently working on a plant that will be located on a planet that the satellite character enters.

My first attempt at the model resulted in this...

INT014 001 AJM from Ashley Jane on Vimeo.



After watching a few tutorials I learned a better way of creating roots by creating a curve, placing it on a face, and extruding. From there I made some adjustments to the taper and twist to create a more natural and tentacle-like feel for the roots of the plants. Here is a work in progress update of my previous model. I also started to UV the asset, so you'll see that the plant is partially textured with a checkerboard.

MorrowA Pr1 PLA003 from Ashley Jane on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment