Sunday, July 5, 2015

LEAD LAYOUT!

A few months ago I got asked to do layout work on an upcoming short for the Tea Time Animation Club. On their website Tea Time Animation states..

"Tea Time Animation is an all-things-animation community founded in San Francisco circa 2010, by a small group of animators who wanted to get more out of an education than their school was providing for them.

Now, our mission is dedicated to all those aspiring towards a career in animation. We are a safe space to ask questions about the industry, gain insight on helpful tips and tricks, and to post and receive feedback on your work. Finally, Tea Time takes pride in our Professional Outreach program, facilitating monthly lectures by Industry Professionals to help you take your work to the next level. With over 1200 students and professionals in our online communities, and two local chapters (San Francisco and Pittsburgh), Tea Time is an invaluable networking resource for the animation community."

Basically a team of artists from The Academy of Art University joined together to collaborate and create short animated films with other students, graduates, and professionals. I read more info on it here as well. I knew this would be a great opportunity to add to my reel and portfolio so I immediately jumped on the offer. I have been working hard and doing extra tasks to help the production move forward such as creating a shot list for the film and organizing and labeling all storyboards. I guess my work has been taken notice because a couple of days ago I was asked to be Lead Layout! I'm so happy!

#ilovelayout
#neversleep

No comments:

Post a Comment